In the last several weeks, we have monitored guidelines and best practices for gathering in a safe way. After a significant amount of prayer and preparation, we will continue worship services at Nichols Hills United Methodist Church on Sunday, May 31. We’re committed to creating an environment that meets government recommendations for safety. To make that possible, our worship services have been redesigned to create a sanitary, touchless environment that allows for physical distancing. This includes a significantly reduced capacity. To reopen and regather our church community our Church Council has voted to take the following steps. Each step is contingent on the latest information available.
Step 1 — Online Worship at facebook.com/nicholshillsumc on Sunday, May 24
We will continue to livestream our worship services each Sunday.
Step 2 — On Campus Worship beginning on Sunday, May 31.
We will maintain social distancing, and families will worship together.
Worship Services will be offered at 9:30 and 10:50 a.m.
No Childcare will be available.
No Sunday School Classes will meet.
No Small Groups will meet.
No Outside Groups will meet.
Step 3 — Sunday School and Small Groups Resume on Sunday, July 5.
Children’s Sunday School Classes and Adult Sunday School Classes resume with restrictions on size and with expectations for social distancing.
Worship Services will be offered at 8:30 and 10:50 a.m.
Step 4 — Normal Activities Resume at Nichols Hills U.M.C. on Sunday, August 2.
Let’s Work to Stay Healthy Together
What We’re Doing
- All staff and volunteers will be wearing masks.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the building.
- All worship services will be a touchless experience, and all high-traffic areas will be thoroughly sanitized between services.
- No water fountains will be open or usable.
- No hospitality food or beverages will be offered.
- No offering plates will be passed. Instead, there will be offering plates in the back of the sanctuary for people who want to give.
- All hymnals, bibles, seatback materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
- We will use infrared thermometers to take the temperature of each person entering the building.
How You Can Help
- If you don’t feel well or have health concerns, please stay home and join us for online worship at facebook.com/nicholshillsumc.
- We encourage you to wear a mask, and will have one available for you if needed.
- Please wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Maintain a distance of six feet between yourself and other guests.